By Patrick Wright
Whether it’s an off day or you’re just not quite feeling like yourself, sometimes you end up feeling down in the dumps. But even on the lowest of days, music can be a great cure, and with a few pick-me-up songs, you’ll be smiling and back to your old self.
Listen to this playlist on our Seeds Spotify playlist:
1. “Are You Gonna Be My Girl” | JET
2. “Borderlines and Aliens” | Grouplove
It’s easy to tell that the members of Grouplove had a blast recording this album, and “Borderlines and Aliens” is easily one of the high points, overflowing with energy. I always have to drum along to the intro when the drums kick in.
3. “Closer” | Tegan & Sara
4. “Heart Attack” | The Asteroids Galaxy Tour
5. “Born for This” [Live] | Paramore
Paramore ramps up the live version of this song with an incredible guitar intro and enough energy to make you headbang wherever you are.
6. “One Night (Vicetone Remix)” | Matthew Koma
7. “Happy” | Pharrell Williams
With a light backdrop and the upbeat vocals by Pharrell Williams, it’s almost impossible not to feel happy.
8. “The City” | Madeon
9. “Dani California” | Red Hot Chili Peppers
One of my favorite RHCP songs, the outro guitar solo gets me going every single time.
10. “Let’s Have a Kiki” | Scissor Sisters
There’s nothing quite like having a kiki to relax and pump yourself back up, even if you don’t know what a kiki is.
11. “Come Baby Come” | K7
12. “Magic” | B.o.B.
13. “Crazy in Love” | Beyonce
This song is about as close as it gets to the perfect song to just strut down the street like no one’s watching.
14. “Party in the U.S.A.” | Miley Cyrus
Not everyone is a Miley fan, especially with some of her more recent events, but back before she became the wild Miley we know today, she released “Party in the U.S.A.,” and it is so obnoxiously contagious that I can’t help but dance to it every time.
15. “Dance Apocalyptic” | Janelle Monae
16. “Good Time” | Owl City & Carly Rae Jepsen
17. “Little Numbers” | BOY
18. “My First Kiss” | 3OH!3
19. “Lucky Strike” | Maroon 5
20. “I Just Had Sex” | The Lonely Island & Akon
Because what’s better for improving your mood than telling the whole world about the amazing sex you just had?